Friday, November 3, 2023

Update for the Curious

Hi there! I don't know if anyone still reads blogs or if this is an outdated platform for content creators, but I see that people are still finding my old headband pattern and commenting on it occasionally. If you see this, I do still get emails from the blog and will help in whatever way I can in your crocheting/knitting journey. I have taught several friends and family members how to knit and enjoy helping people.

I've given birth to 2 children since I last wrote a blog post, and they are finally at ages where they let me knit and crochet without needing childcare. (Although a lot of my knitting is still regulated to during church service or when they are otherwise occupied!) They love asking me to knit washcloths to wipe their faces after meals. And occasionally will ask for a hat or socks. My elder child is curious about knitting, but does not yet have the dexterity to knit on his own. I'm hoping someday he'll be able to join me in making things!

I don't normally create patterns anymore, nor do I try to sell my creations. I've been mostly making baby blankets and crocheting snowflake Christmas tree ornaments for the past few years. With the occasional adventure with clothing from other people's patterns. I definitely recommend the Pressed Flowers shawl ($5) and the Diamond and Lozenge Baby blanket pattern (FREE). Both can be found on Ravelry. 

I'm currently in the process of mastering knitted socks for people who are not my shoe size. Thus far I have made socks only for people who can try them on while I am constructing them. I have 8-9 pairs to make before Christmas. Wish me luck!


Pressed Flowers link:

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pressed-flowers-3


Diamond and Lozenge Baby blanket link:

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/diamond-and-lozenge-baby-blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment