Thursday, May 10, 2012

Moving Woes

Well, for those of you that don't know, we are in the process of packing up our apartment for the move to Middle Tennessee.  I am currently avoiding packing up the kitchen.  Anyway, while 'packing' my studio I found out that I have a lot more yarn than I remembered...so I'm on my first yarn diet.  I'm not sure if I should be stash-busting or trying to make my yarn last as long as possible so we can save money.  I think it might last me quite a while either way.  I'm not sure I've seen any stash-busting projects that aren't blankets, so maybe I'll just work on Christmas presents, writing more patterns and whatever else I come across along the way.  Whittle down the stash one little project at a time.

I have been working on that belt pattern, but goodness I am terrible at sizing!  Normally when I make hats and write down patterns, I avoid gauge like the plague.  I suppose it is time for me to actually start paying attention to such things, but I really just like crocheting by the seat of my pants and altering patterns to fit me along the way!  I will probably end up putting a different pattern up here before that belt one is finished, but for now I think I'm going to test for other designers.  At least until we are settled in the new location.  That way I don't lose any of my patterns in the move.  

We've decided that the loom will be kept in our bedroom at the new house, but that means we won't be able to keep Pippin in there when she is being a bully towards Whiskers.  Not sure how that is going to work out, but it was the best solution for me to have easy access to the loom and be able to practice my weaving skills.
  
Oh, the husband started cleaning/packing...I suppose I should stop procrastinating and get back to work!

6 comments:

  1. I guess you got moved okay, because I'm in Middle Tennessee and I met you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well enough...for our first real move. In any case, we never have to go back to the school!

      Delete
  2. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. movers los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!.. moving company in santa monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts. fischervanlines.com

    ReplyDelete