Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Muahahaha!

I finally figured out how to get my gadgets to show up in the correct spot!  *evil giggle*  Now you'll never get rid of me.  :)  I wonder if it's Google's way of making me download Chrome.  On similar news, I saw a progress bar on a knitting blog and decided I needed one.  Luckily there is a nice tutorial on how to make progress bars in blogger here.  So now I have a nifty little progress bar over there --->
As you can see over on the progress bar, I'm almost done with my first knitted scarf.  Hooray!  Here's a picture of the basic design:

I made it up myself. Not bad for my first knitting design, right?  Basic idea is you alternate 5 rows of knit with 1 row of purl.  Easy enough for even me to remember.  I'm pretty sure those are the numbers, I never actually counted the knit rows. I just knitted until I could see the 2 'rows' and then purled. It's starting to curl a little bit, so I'll definitely have to learn how to block soon.

Also, I finished my first scarf on Loomie but was stupid and let the warps fall back through to the backside of the loom...Basically I have to start over from the beginning and rewarp it.  Blah.  The scarf is a zig-zag twill pattern but you'll have to wait for a picture of it because it's in the other room and we are watching "Rose Red".  And I learned how to double weave on one of the table looms in the fibers studio. I wove a white fluffy blanket and it is amazing to touch.  I promise I'll post pictures of it soon too.  Unfortunately you can't touch it through a computer monitor, but if you know me you can come by and feel how soft it is.

So other than other random projects I've got started, I've been working on finishing up this last semester at school.  It will be so nice to be able to finally have time to really work on my projects and not just homework for class.  We'll see how long that lasts.  :)

Well, I'm going to finish up that knitting and finish watching the movie.
Until next time,
~Andromeda

No comments:

Post a Comment